Gregory R. Vanni
Education and Bar Admission:
Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, California State Polytechnic University, 1978
Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School, 1982
Admitted to the State Bar of California, 1982
- Nominated as finalist for Consumer Attorney of the Year by Consumer Attorneys of California, 2014
- Selected as a Top 100 Attorney in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine, 2012 & 2013
- Designated a Super Lawyer in a survey of his peers, as announced in Los Angeles Magazine, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Named a TOP ATTORNEY in personal injury by Pasadena Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Rated A.V. (highest possible rating for preeminent legal ability and ethics) by Martindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys
- Pasadena Bar Association, President 2006
- Consumer Attorneys of California: President’s Club Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles: Past Board of Governors
- Italian American Bar Association: Past Board of Governors
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Union Station Homeless Services, Pasadena, California: Board of Directors (2008-2013), currently serving on Development Committee
- Loyola Law School, Board of Overseers
Verdicts & Settlements:
- $23.2 million Gibilisco/Huizar v. Thomason Mechanical Corporation – This recovery was obtained by Tom Beck and Greg Vanni in a case that was partially settled and the remainder tried to a jury verdict.
- $20 million Vetterani v. State of California – This settlement was reached by Tom Beck and Greg Vanni for several clients involved in a serious traffic collision on Highway 395 in San Bernardino County.
- $10 million Confidential Motorcycle case – This settlement was achieved for our client who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. This result was remarkable because there was only $1 million worth of insurance coverage available.
- $7,250,000 Rivera v. San Fernando Valley Automotive – This settlement was obtained for three clients who were injured in a collision with a pick-up truck in a heavily disputed case.
- $6.65 million Grassi v. UDO – Tom Beck and Greg Vanni obtained a record-setting jury verdict for a trip-and-fall case. This accident resulted in severe personal injury to the client and was heavily disputed.
- $5 million Duque v. Confidential Automobile Manufacturer – Tom Beck and Greg Vanni represented four clients who were severely injured in a passenger van rollover accident. This complicated products liability case proceeded to trial, but was settled before the jury was impaneled.
- $3.5 million Confidential Client v. Confidential Defendant – This settlement was obtained for the mother of a 34-year old unmarried woman who was killed in a passenger vehicle versus big rig truck crash.
- $2,950,000 Confidential Motorcycle case – This settlement was obtained for the driver and passenger of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle that crashed into a bus on a mountain road.
- $2,250,000 Schneider v. LACMTA – This settlement was achieved for our 72-year old client who was knocked to the ground by a Metro bus in Los Angeles.
- $2,250,000 Yi v. LACMTA – This settlement was achieved for our 85-year old client whose leg was run over by a Metro bus in Los Angeles.
- $1,538,100 Summerfield v. State Farm – This settlement was recovered for a client who suffered a back injury and required surgery as a result of an automobile accident.
- $1,500,000 Simmons v. Estate of Timothy Eaton – This settlement was obtained in a case involving a highway collision in which the client was traveling in a pick-up truck with her two children. Although she did not receive emergency medical care, she later required neck surgery.
- $1,410,203.30 Wolford v. Hardin – This case resulted in a jury verdict for a 20-year old client who was struck by an elderly driver who claimed the client was traveling at 90 mph at the time of the crash. Even after reducing the verdict by comparative negligence of the client, the net recovery was nearly a million dollars in a case in which the maximum pre-trial offer was $200,000.
- $1,210,173.13 Heimbuch v. Confidential Defendant – This uninsured motorist binding arbitration award was obtained for our client for a rear-end automobile collision.
- $1 million Fox v. Confidential Defendant – This policy limits settlement was obtained for our client, who was struck by a negligent motorist while the client was in a crosswalk.
- $1 million Gardner v. Confidential Defendant – This case involved a moderate automobile collision in which liability was disputed. After successful negotiations during a lengthy mediation process, it settled for $1 million above the $100,000 policy limits.
- $1 million Garcia v. Confidential Defendant – This settlement was recovered for a tow truck driver who was severely injured when a drunk driver with a $25,000 insurance policy hit him on the freeway.
- $950,000 Confidential Client v. Confidential Defendant - 72-year old client suffered a skull fracture in a fall. The client did not require surgery but was hospitalized for two weeks and underwent outpatient rehabilitation and was left with some residual brain damage.