In February, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) publicized its current list of the top five reasons traffic collisions happen in California. If you’re injured in the Pasadena or Los Angeles area in a traffic collision with a negligent driver, you have the right to be reimbursed for your medical treatment and related expenses, but “having the right” and having your expenses paid are not the same thing. To win the compensation you need after an injury, seek the advice and help of an experienced Pasadena auto accident attorney. The leading causes of traffic accidents in California are, according to the CHP:
- Distracted driving is the number one cause of California traffic mishaps and injuries. Texting, reading, grooming, and disciplining children are just several of the distractions that are everywhere for drivers in California.
- Speeding is the number two reason for accidents and injuries in our state. Almost every driver speeds at some time, but the faster you drive, the more dangerous you become.
- Aggressive driving is characterized by tailgating, cutting off others, changing lanes abruptly, and sometimes yelling or gesturing at other drivers. Aggressive driving is always dangerous, and in most circumstances, it’s against the law.
- Impaired driving is dangerous and against the law, and everyone knows it.
- Fatigue is a factor in many crashes, and it’s the leading cause of accidents involving trucks. Wide-awake alertness and concentration is required every second a driver is on the road.
You can enhance your own safety and the safety of others by taking just a few simple measures. Buckle up whenever you drive and be sure your passengers do too. Keep your wipers and brakes maintained and your tires properly inflated. If you are injured by a negligent driver in the Los Angeles or Pasadena area, despite your own best safety efforts, take your case at once to an experienced Pasadena auto accident attorney.