It’s fall, and winter is approaching fast. Burglaries, shoplifting, and similar theft crimes usually increase through the holiday season. Accidents and injuries increase too. Holiday merchandise is crammed onto sales floors, and retail locations are jammed with shoppers, so injuries are much more likely. The streets in Pasadena and Los Angeles are more congested during the holidays. More people are drinking and driving. It’s a perfect scenario for lots of serious injuries.
If you’re injured because someone else was negligent – during the holidays or any other time of year – discuss your case right away with an experienced Pasadena personal injury attorney. When you’re injured by someone else’s negligence, you are entitled by law to full reimbursement for your medical expenses and other injury-related losses. Listed here are some recommendations for safeguarding yourself and your family from crime and injury through the holidays and throughout the year:
– If you must shop at night, park only in a well-lit, well-traveled area.
– If you are robbed, call 911. Do not resist or pursue the robber.
– Don’t leave anything valuable – a wallet, purse, or cell phone – in plain view.
– Lock your purchases away, too. If your vehicle has a trunk, use it.
– Be sure no one is hiding in your car before you unlock it.
– Even while you drive, lock your car and roll up your windows.
– Make sure no one follows you home.
– Grab the carbons from your credit card purchases, or verify that they are destroyed.
– Only use well-lit ATMs in safe settings.
– Carry very little cash and only the credit cards you need.
– If you buy gifts for children, make sure they’re safe, and check the age recommendation.
If you’re injured over the holidays because another person was negligent, you’ll need legal help to file a personal injury claim, to prove that you are injured, and to prove that someone else’s negligence is the reason you’re injured. Obtain the legal help you need after you’ve been injured and speak at once with an experienced Pasadena personal injury attorney.