The Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell Scholarship – $1,500
Don’t Miss This Great Scholarship Opportunity for 2017! Brought to you by the Law Offices of Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell
The Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell Scholarship has been created to encourage you – the hardworking and ambitious undergraduate or graduate student – to pursue academic excellence at any four year university in the US. Each of the founders of this $1,500 scholarship firmly believes that every student should strive to achieve their highest potential with a college education. Therefore, the Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell Scholarship is offered each year on April 25, 2017, and every year thereafter.
This $1,500 annual scholarship can be received by undergraduate and graduate students in any major. Transfer students can qualify and minorities are strongly encouraged to submit their applications.
In the words of scholarship co-founder Greg Vanni, “Our law firm is truly pleased to do its small part to promote academic excellence in higher education, and we look forward to reviewing your scholarship applications soon.”
No Fee to Apply!
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
You may apply for this $1,500 award if you meet these requirements:
- Are a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Are between 14-40 years old.
- Are enrolled as a part-time or full-time college student, or have at least your associate’s degree.
- Did not earn more than $35,000 in fiscal 2016.
- Have a current email address.
Thon Beck Scholarship Essay Topics
To be considered for this $1,500 scholarship, you must complete an essay on one of these topics related to education, careers and public service:
- How To Earn a Good Living While Also Helping Disadvantaged Children
- How Communities Can Improve the Literacy Rate Among Disadvantaged Children
- Ways You Have Engaged in Public Service in High School or College
- Methods That Universities Can Utilize to Encourage Public Service
- Why Working with Senior Citizens Charities Is Good for Society
Written Essay Option
Your essay should be original, of high quality, and must be provided in a Microsoft Word document. It should be typed, single-spaced, and use 12 pt. font. Essays need to be 1,000 to 3,000 words.
You also may submit a video to our email address that answers one of the topics featured above. When submitting to us, submit a link to your video. Your video must include the full name of the applicant in either the title or in the file name. The video must be from three to 10 minutes to be considered. Make sure the video and audio quality is high.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Read all the eligibility requirements to determine if you are eligible.
- Choose one of the essay topics.
- Write or video your essay submission.
- Carefully follow the above submission guidelines.
- Submit the entry.
- Watch your email closely near the end of the submission period.
- All essay submissions for this $1,500 scholarship should be sent to: [email protected] Please add this email to your contact list, so you are informed if you win! With your essay submission, please have your full name, age, telephone number, and city/state of residence in the e-mail. Remember: Your essay MUST be original and cannot plagiarize the material of others.
How the Winner Is Selected
The winner of the Thon Beck 2017 Scholarship shall be chosen one week after the closing of the contest. We will contact the winner by email. Instructions will be provided for receiving the award funds.
The honor of receiving this $1,500 scholarship is big news! We will feature your full name and a short bio on our site for one year. We ask you to use this webpage as a promotional opportunity for yourself by putting the link in your resume, Facebook profile, and on your job and college applications. Nothing sells like specific examples of your success!
Submissions for the Thon Beck Scholarship will be accepted until June 1, 2017.
Do you still have questions? We are here to answer any questions you may have. Please email us at: [email protected] and use this subject line: “Thon Beck Scholarship Inquiry.”
We know you may still have questions about our scholarship. Please send any communication by email to: [email protected] Use the subject line “Thon Beck Scholarship Inquiry.”
FAQs About The Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell Scholarship:
How will the winner get the scholarship money?
In the mail.
Can I apply a bunch of times?
No. Please submit only one time.
What if I need to fix my submission?
That is fine, just make sure to re-submit before March 15, 2017. Please know that we will only accept 1 re-submission per person.
I don’t have an e-mail, but still want to apply? Can I?
Without an e-mail address, we can not accept your submission. Please consider creating a free account with the many options available online.
For more questions, reach out to: [email protected] with the subject “Thon Beck Scholarship Inquiry.”
If you’re facing legal issues or just need some advice, we can help with: