Michael P. O’Connor is a trial attorney at Thon Beck Vanni Callahan & Powell in Pasadena, California. Previously, Mr. O’Connor worked for a litigation defense firm in Los Angeles where he represented Fortune 500 corporations and insurance companies in cases involving personal injury, product liability, automobile accidents (including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents and more), and premises liability.
He also has represented clients in construction matters, breach of contract cases, and employment law matters. Mr. O’Connor is adept at getting complicated disputes resolved. He has handled a variety of cases from inception to resolution, through motions, mediations, arbitrations, and jury trials. He is also admitted to practice law in both the state of California and the state of New York.
EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST
Mr. O’Connor earned his B.A. at John Carroll University and his J.D. from the State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, in 1997. While in law school, Mr. O’Connor clerked for the Erie County District Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of New York.
After receiving his J.D., he worked with a Buffalo-area plaintiff’s personal injury law firm where he conducted depositions and pre-trial motions in a variety of cases including medical malpractice cases. More recently, Mr. O’Connor was named a top personal injury attorney by Pasadena Magazine for four consecutive years (2010-2013) and has been designated as a Super Lawyer for 2015 and 2016 by Los Angeles Magazine.
- Explosion Construction Site verdict: $6,500,000
- Slip-and-Fall: $1,375,000 settlement
- Trip-and-Fall: $1,275,000 settlement
- Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death: $1,000,000 policy limit settlement
- Trip-and-Fall: $950,000 settlement
- Motorcycle v. Auto: $850,000 settlement
- Wrongful Death – Drowning: $850,000
- Auto v. Motorcycle: $700,000 wrongful death settlement
- Auto v. Auto: $600,000 settlement
- Negligent Security: $500,000 settlement
- Slip-and-Fall: $450,000 settlement
- Adult Daycare Transportation Negligence: $450,000 settlement
- Slip-and-Fall verdict: $414,868.28
- Slip-and-Fall: $375,000 settlement
- Trip-and-Fall: $325,000 settlement
- Auto v. Auto: $325,000 settlement
- Slip-and-Fall: $300,000 settlement
- Dog Bite: $285,000 settlement
- Auto v. Auto: $250,000 settlement
- Auto v. Auto verdict: $241,217.88
- Negligent Security v. Retail Store for 3rd Party Criminal Act: Settlement $200,000
- Premises Liability: $200,000 settlement
- Premises Liability/Trip-and-Fall: $185,000 settlement
- Auto v. Auto verdict: $160,443.30